Nepotism or Talent? Spoiler-ish...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Soap Forum Forum Index -> Coronation Street Forum

female community

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roverman
Soap Legend

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Nepotism or Talent? Spoiler-ish... Reply with quote

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a534542/coronation-street-antony-cottons-mum-lands-role.html

Now I loved Enid in Phoenix Nights, she played her character very well indeed but has she landed this new role on Corrie (her 4th in 11 years) because she can act or because she is Antony's mother?

Its well documented that Antony is a very demanding person he allegedly asked Poundland for more openings than other cast members (at 3k a go) and his appearance on I'm a Celeb certainly opened peoples eyes towards him. Theres even been talk of a divison amongst the cast regarding him and another gay cast member, with the alleged creation of a 'Team Antony'.

I would therefore not be surprised if Enid's appointment had come in some indirect way from Antony himself although one would hope people are hired on their acting ability.

One person is not bigger than the show itself. Even the late Noele Gordon accepted that inalienable truth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Soap Forum Forum Index -> Coronation Street Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: