Susan Kennedy - Hail Queen of Ramsay Street!

female community

View previous topic :: View next topic  
simmins
Soap Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Susan Kennedy - Hail Queen of Ramsay Street! Reply with quote

Mrs Susan Kennedy - The Queen of Ramsay Street!

Jackie Woodburne (Neighbours, Susan Kennedy) is such a fantastic and stunning actress and its been great to see her character evolve over the last 14 years.

The writers have not always been faithful to all the characters - choping and changing their characters persoanility to suit the plot. (Toadie, Paul Robinson and Harold Bishop spring to mind) but Susan's character has naturally evolved over the years - from being the goodie-goodie mumsy character at the start, a lady who wouldn't say boo to a goose, to the strong independent character she became after her first breakup with Karl.

Recently we saw elements of the old vunerable Susan and the head strong Susan being played out as she faces her insecurities again. Jackie's character is probably the most believable one in the whole of Neighbours history and I'm looking forward to the very challenging storylines she has coming up over the next six months which will see the 'permanent' return of our old favourite...

We love you Queen Susan Kennedy! Shocked
Martin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey

I am a great fan of Susan; if ever you need advice, she is the one to turn to!

justmaz2004
Soap Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:49 am    Post subject: jackie woodburne aka susan kennedy Reply with quote

Im a huge fan of susan kennedy but ive heard rumours the great actress that plays susan is set to leave the show soon can anyone confirm if its true on not please . Sad
LaineyT

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im old enough to remember her in Prisoner Cell Block H Rolling Eyes

Now thats going back a few years lol..

Lainey
justmaz2004
Soap Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: susan Reply with quote

me too lainey but id still hate to see her leave neighbours after all this time . she was in sons and daughters too in the first ever episode did you know that.

http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Sons_and_Daughters2007/
LaineyT

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She isnt even Australian lol....She was born in Ireland got this off Wikipedia.

Jackie Woodburne (born 5 February 1956, in Carrickfergus, County Antrim, Northern Ireland) is an Australian actress who has appeared in many of Australia's most popular soap operas.

Woodburne is best known for playing Susan Kennedy (n?e Smith, formerly Kinski) in Neighbours, whom she has played since 1994; and Julie Egbert in Prisoner, whom she played from 1985-1986.

Woodburne previously played the sister of Alan Fletcher in Cop Shop in 1977, before they were cast as husband and wife Karl and Susan Kennedy in Neighbours.

Other soap opera roles include a brief appearance in Sons and Daughters playing Patricia Dunne in a flashback, A Country Practice, and The Young Doctors where she played Maggie Gordon from 1980 to 1981.

Woodburne is a graduate of the National Theatre School in Melbourne. [1] In 2005, she was nominated for the Best Female Performance in a Soap Opera award at the international Rose d'Or television festival, but was beaten by English actress Lesley-Anne Down.

http://www.tv.com/jackie-woodburne/person/77824/trivia.html

Lainey
justmaz2004
Soap Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: jackie woodburne Reply with quote

that makes jackie just four years older than me and doesnt she look great shes got to be one of the most popular neighbours characters along side alan fletcher ( i must have had a harder paper round for my age Laughing )
LaineyT

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jackie was born 5 February 1956,....I was born 14th March 1956 only a few weeks between us lol..

Lainey
justmaz2004
Soap Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: jackie woodburne aka susan kennedy Reply with quote

wow so close to same birthay . i was born 1960 share my birthday with paul mccartney but not the same age thankfully Smile
simmins
Soap Newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jackie woodburne is an expectational actress, I can't believe she has never won an award for her talent. she been in Neighbours for 15 years now that fantastic!
LaineyT

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone remember her in Prisoner Cell Block H ??

Sadly I do Laughing

Lainey
Samsam
Soap Addict

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suzy Q is awesome!!!!!!!!! Razz
simmins
Soap Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Susan Kennedy - Hail Queen of Ramsay Street! Reply with quote

Jackie Woodburne for GOLD logie!
Roverman
Soap Legend

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone see the sketch Neighbours did for Eastenders' 30th? The way that she played a very confused Susan surrounded by cast members impersonating Easties characters was truly excellent and a lovely tribute.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Soap Forum Forum Index -> Neighbours Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: