Hayley and Roy
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Soap Forum Forum Index -> Coronation Street Forum

female community

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roverman
Soap Legend

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woody2222 wrote:
Emmerdale?

Correct, he played Pete Whiteley who was knocked down by Kate Hughes/Sugden in the Montego.
Woody2222
Soap Royalty

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This storyline just gets more devastating. Crying or Very sad
Roverman
Soap Legend

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved the scene with Sally and Roy. Its too easy to forget she's had cancer.

My mother collapsed just like Hayley when she had a chest infection on top of her cancer, I reckon they've got her to hospital just in time.
Katfan
Soap Lover

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Hayley and Roy .. Reply with quote

I just love these two , Julie and David have always been terrific in the roles but this storyline has really shown me just how good they are , Roy's quiet devastation is perfectly shown as is Hayley's bravery , frustration and humour loved last episode's scene with them discussing Musical likes Roy explaining prog rock etc
Roverman
Soap Legend

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Hayley and Roy .. Reply with quote

Katfan wrote:
I just love these two , Julie and David have always been terrific in the roles but this storyline has really shown me just how good they are , Roy's quiet devastation is perfectly shown as is Hayley's bravery , frustration and humour loved last episode's scene with them discussing Musical likes Roy explaining prog rock etc

Yes it was excellent, its amazing how we can see someone on screen for 15 years+ like Roy and still find out things about him. I was certainly not surprised to see him playing his music on vinyl!
IainDC
Soap Fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really is heartbreaking and those scenes in Blackpool were breathtakingly sad and emotional, but in a good way. I don't really know the ins and outs of how cancer can grip a person but I was surprised they added Jane in to the storyline for her to die so soon - she was only in a couple of episodes. I thought she was being introduced as a character for Hayley to make friends with and cope through some of the worst of the disease with. I really find it hard to believe that Hayley won't be in Coronation Street anymore. She's been such a groundbreaking but regular ordinary character. In fact, it's her regularity that has made her amazing. People who, in the past, may have not been so accepting of transexuals will now see them as ordinary people rather than some kind of spectacle at a show (and quite rightly so!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Soap Forum Forum Index -> Coronation Street Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: